Wednesday, February 01, 2006

IE 7 is a PILE OF SHIT

So I've been trying out the new beta of IE 7. You can get a copy at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/tour/default.mspx It's a pile of ass. Tabbed browsing is better in Opera and Opera is free. Browsing is also faster in Opera and it's more compliant with standards.

RSS feeds in IE 7 are a joke and a pain in the ass to manage. For one thing, if I click on a feed to read individual items, it closes the list of feeds. This is fine if I have one feed but if I'm trying to go through multiple feeds, like reading the news, I have to reopen the list each time, it's a pain in the ass.

Thirdly, you can't customize the toolbar as much as you should be able to. Again Opera does a much better job. If Opera had some of the OS hooks that IE does and could run me through Windows update and had the right plugins it would rock shit 10 times better than IE. If IE copied Opera but did the nice things like integration with the OS and plugins, they would have zero to worry about from the likes of Firefox. Incidentally, interface in IE 7 sucks two giant donkey balls as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home