Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Books I'm Reading 3) I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert

http://www.amazon.com/Am-America-So-Can-You/dp/0446580503/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237346272&sr=8-1

So to be honest I actually just listened to the audio book version because it was on Audible, so I should probably put up the Audible link but eh whatever. It was interesting, I guess I prefer America: The Book more but this was good. I don't often watch the Colbert Report anymore. I understand the appeal it's just not my kind of thing. I prefer the Daily Show. Theis book however was good, the way in which Colbert lays out a lot of social structure of America is hilarious and the over-the-top way in which "his character" plays out his vision of America is always entertaining. All in all worth the purchase on Audible, might have been better to buy the actual book and see what kind of graphics they had to go along with some of the material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home